Life is full of challenges especially when it comes to relationships. So, what a great way to beat the relationship blues with some innovative healthy relationship hacks.
Communication is part of vital healthy relationship hacks that cannot be ignored. When people are told that they need to communicate more, they often think that that is an open invitation to talk. However, there is a complete difference between talking and communicating. Communicating is an art. It combines the ability to express your opinions and feelings in such a way as to ensure that the person or people you are talking to understand what you are trying to say. This includes the fundamental ability to listen and understand another person’s point of view.
It’s amazing the number of times people are provided with information that, if they acted upon, could totally alter a relationship, career, or the success of a business. However, because of the sheer lack of people’s ability to listen to and think through another person’s point of view, unique opportunities pass them by.
Far too often, what could be an amazing relationship can be missed by the sheer inability to communicate. Are you starting to feel the importance of communication in a healthy relationship hacks package deal?
The most successful relationships, be it business or personal are those whereby both parties have strong verbal and listening skills.
Many relationship problems begin with poor communication. For example, couples often feel that their partner should know what they are thinking and how they feel so they do not communicate their true needs, wants, or desires. The same principle applies in the workplace. So often assumptions are made and acted upon before verification. No wonder so many relationships feel neglected and undervalued.
So often it is how you say something that will ruin a situation and not what you have to say.
The wrong way is to blurt out something that you know may aggravate or distress the circumstance. The last thing you want is for them to get defensive, storm off, or even burst into floods of tears. You want the person you are trying to communicate with to be open and perceptive and to be able to achieve this, your timing and approach must be right.
Every individual is different. What will work with one person won’t necessarily work with another. That is why healthy relationship hacks can become such an important strategy to rely on.
No one ever said relationships would be easy, but they most certainly do require work from all parties. At the end of the day, relationship problems can lay heavy on your mind, become a burden, & stress. Unless dealt with efficiently, a small issue can develop quickly into an insurmountable mountain and conflict.
Now that we understand the importance of communication in relationships, let’s explore some healthy relationship hacks and ideas on how we can be constructive & improve our relationships.
Healthy Relationship Hacks
- Take Responsibility for Yourself-This is the most important choice you can make to improve your relationships. This means that you learn how to take responsibility for your own feelings and needs. This also means that instead of trying to get your partner (romantic or otherwise) to make you feel happy and secure, you learn how to do this for yourself through your own thoughts and actions. This means learning to treat yourself with kindness, caring, compassion, and acceptance instead of self-judgment.
- Kindness, Compassion, Acceptance- “The Golden Rule”. Treat others the way you want to be treated. We all yearn to be treated fairly & lovingly with kindness. We need to treat ourselves this way, and we also need to treat our partners and others this way. Relationships flourish when both people treat each other with kindness. While there are no guarantees, often treating others with kindness brings kindness in return.
- Learning Instead of Controlling- When conflict occurs, it is easy to become defensive. The desire to “win” an argument appears. But when one partner loses, both lose. It is important to communicate your feelings in a neutral manner (not with high emotions) and listen to understand, not a rebuttal.
- Create “Date” Times- When people first engage, they make time for each other. As you grow more comfortable with each other, life or work seems to get in the way. It is easy to forget to set aside time for each other or to follow through in a work environment. But a relationship cannot last if you do not spend time together.
- Gratitude Instead of Complaints- Positive energy flows between two people when there is an attitude of gratitude. Constant complaints create heavy, negative energy, which is not fun to be around. And if you do have a complaint, which is normal, make sure to lead with a compliment rather than dive right into the negatives.
- Fun and Play- We all know that work without play makes Jack a dull boy. Work without play makes for dull relationships as well. Relationships flourish when people laugh together, play together, and when humor is a part of everyday life. Stop taking everything so seriously and learn to see the funny side of life. Team building activities are just as important as more personal relationship development.
- Service- Giving to others fills the heart and creates deep satisfaction in the soul. Doing service moves you out of yourself and your own problems and supports a broader, more spiritual view of life.
So, as we can see, there are many true and tested healthy relationship hacks to improve a relationship.
By getting the help we need to identify how stress enters our relationships, we can implement the necessary tools, strategies & communication skills to move forward positively in our relationships and in our lives. That help is just a click away with Nourishment Vitality’s online courses.
At Nourishment Vitality, we have had amazing success in creating & implementing these important channels of relationships and conscious communication within many myriads of relationships.
-Incorporates the best of mind science, correct nutrition, and psychology practices
-Our strategies and techniques help overcome, stress, fatigue, unhealthy habits both physical and emotional, and more.
-Provides a ‘shame-free, non-judgmental space “. Helping with some of the most common wellness and health issues of our times.
We are here to help. Find out more about our SERVICES & ONLINE COURSES